We will teach the parents how to handle different situations that come into play with the child. We will interact with the parents to promote effective communications with the child.
Child Assessment Answered by Parent:
1. Argues or is verbally disrespectful.
2. Has been requested to attend an alternative school.
3. Complains that things are unfair.
4. Threatens to runaway.
5. Challenges rules, expectations, or responsibilities.
6. Does he/she scream back when being disciplined?
1. Always focus on the present
2. Emphasize and focus on what can be done Now
3. Do not Dwell on weaknesses
4. Always promote Responsible behavior
Remain Aware of results
1. Provide frequent positive feedback
2. Frequently practice
New skill to see what works best for each situation
3. Constantly identify strengths
Parent Management Model
1. Promote play
2. Implement Reward system
3. Reorganize the child’s Day to prevent problems
4. Use consistent and calmly excuted consequences